We’ve had another lovely week this week, full of festive fun. Friday was the first day in a long time that we haven’t done anything at all, other than tidy the house. We are so busy all the time, out and about but love every second of it.
This is what has made me happy this week:
- Watching Harrison’s Year One Christmas Show.T hey sang absolutely loads of songs and I thought it was brilliant that year one managed to remember all the words and all the actions to so many songs! I did nearly well up when they sang ‘Away in a Manger’ – that song always gets me!
- Watching Alex’s very first nativity play. Nursery took them to the local church to do their play which made it that little bit more special. Alex was a little star – literally! After they had done their performance and all the parents had a warm mince pie and coffee, the teachers led some games and activities. It was lovely to see all the parents getting involved!
- Getting to the beach after school a couple of times and watching the sunset. It was beautiful!
- Harrison losing his first tooth. He was SO excited when it fell out and he couldn’t wait to go to bed to put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy.
- Speaking to my brother, who has recently moved from Birmingham to Suffolk, on Facetime and working out that we will be able to see him before Christmas.
- Graham getting confirmation of his start date for his new job – it’s going to mean big changes for us all but we are all looking forward to him going back to work.
- Ben and me went to the beach when the other two were at school and collected lots of sea shells to put in a vase.
- The kids having a festive fun day at school. Instead of doing a Christmas fair, the kids have a day at school where they can wear their Christmas jumpers, do lots of lovely Christmas activities and see Santa. They came home with a bag full of things that they had made.
What’s made you happy this week?