I was tagged to do this a few weeks ago but I can’t remember for the life of me by who! This is a little tag sort of thing that has been going around the internet and blogs for a few weeks, where you share twenty facts about you that people may or may not know. It was actually much harder than I thought it would be!
- I have a phobia of crabs. I am trying really hard to overcome it because it’s not the best phobia to have when you live by the sea. It’s getting better. I can walk past tiny dead ones without screaming, but need to work on live ones now!
- Graham has been my only ‘proper’ boyfriend. We met when I was 17, and have been together 14 years this June. We’ve been engaged for about eight years, but just never got around to getting married.
- I love history, especially anything to do with the Victorians and World War Two. My biggest regret was not doing a history degree at university.
- I also love anything to do with the Royal Family. I had a book as a child which was about every King and Queen of Britain, and I still love looking at it now. I’m particularly fascinated with Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Victoria,
- I always wanted to be a teacher, and my degree at uni was in teaching. I did it for three years before leaving after Alex was born. I tested my toes in it again last year by working part-time as a TA, and hated it. I doubt I will ever go back to teaching now.
- The beach is my happy place. As soon as I see the sea, I instantly feel myself relax.
- I have a thing about eyebrows. Not my own – they always look shit. It’s the first thing I notice on other women, and I am insanely jealous of anyone with nice brows!
- I drink far too much coffee. Some days, it can be up to 10 or 12 cups a day. It’s a wonder I manage to sleep sometimes!
- If Harrison, Alex and Benjamin were girls, their names would have been Darcey, Jessica and Charlotte.
- I’m a massive worrier. I worry about absolutely everything, especially in the middle in the night.
- My worst habit is holding my breath, especially if I am concentrating on something. Graham often has to remind me to breathe! (And I realised that as I wrote that, I was holding my breath!)
- My favourite food is nachos covered in cheese, guacamole and salsa, followed by ice cream.
- I watched Game of Thrones for the first time at the beginning of January. By the end of the month, I had watched all 60 episodes of them. I was absolutely hooked on it.
- I am in love with David Beckham and have been for about 15 years. I think he should leave Victoria and marry me instead.
- I have the most random, varied taste in music. One minute it can be Rick Astley or Banarama on my Spotify playlist, the next it is Wiz Khalifa and Dr Dre.
- I am 31 years old and have never cooked a roast dinner.
- I never thought I would move more than a few miles away from where I grew up. Now I live 130 miles away and I never want to live anywhere else.
- My mood is hugely dependent on the weather. If it’s sunny and warm, I’m happy. If it’s cold or wet, I’m grumpy. The only exception to that is cold, sunny, winter days. I love those.
- Last year I was diagnosed with dyspraxia. I’ve always been clumsy and uncoordinated but never really thought anything of it until someone mentioned it. I struggle with directions and reversing them, and putting things together. When Harrison was a newborn, it took me several days and lots of help from Graham to be able to put a teat on a bottle and put it together. My brain just couldn’t see how it went together.
- I’ve been driving for almost twelve years, but have only owned three cars – a Rover 214, a Vauxhall Corsa and our current car, a Vauxhall Zafira.
I’m tagging Stacey from Stacey in the Sticks, Louise at Birds and Lilies, Zara at Mojo Blogs, Trudy at Rendezvous En New York, Maria at Suburban Mum, Kim at Life of an Auntie and Charlotte & Simon at Whisky and Milkshakes to share 20 facts about them.
4 thoughts on “20 Facts About Me”
I think I have only ever cooked a roast dinner once, my husband does most of the cooking. 12 cups of coffee is pretty impressive, I actually love the smell but can’t bear the stuff! Is it wrong I am now hoping for a wedding? 😉
I never knew your favourite food was nachos! Thank you for tagging me – now I need to try and think of 20 facts!!! x
ALWAYS love reading about others
Makes me feel “normal”
I can’t believe you’ve never cooked a roast dinner! Lol x