‘Tis the season for spooky Halloween kicks. On October 4th, Vans released its much anticipated “The Nightmare Before Christmas” collection. The footwear line features 10 different designs based on the classic Tim Burton film and its most enduring characters. From Jack Skellington and Sally to Oogie Boogie and the Pumpkin King, the ghostly gang’s all here. It also includes a vibrant assortment of clothing and accessories. Here’s everything you need to know about this scary-good holiday collection:
1. It includes 10 different designs. Each pays tribute to a variety of memorable movie moments and characters:
- Sally’s iconic rag doll construction
- Jack Skellington’s trek through the Halloween Town cemetery
- Oogie Boogie’s colorful lair
- The Pumpkin King’s suit
- Halloween Town in all its ghoulish glory
- Oogie Boogie’s henchman, Lock, Shock, and Barrel
Burton’s timeless characters and scenes are splashed across six classic styles of Vans shoes for women and men, from high-top skate shoes to comfy slides and stacked heel lace-ups. Each features reliable Vans construction, including canvas and suede uppers, padded collars, metal eyelets, elastic side accents, and the brand’s signature waffle rubber outsole.
2. You can get your hands on apparel and accessories, too. In addition to 30 different Jack and Sally-approved sneakers and sandals for adults and kids, Vans has released an exclusive collection of hoodies, crew neck sweatshirts, long-sleeved T-shirts, backpacks, socks, and hats that capture the spirit of the animated film. (No pun intended.)
An assortment of Sally-themed items, for example, feature hand stitching and bright, patchwork graphics that give a playful nod to her rag doll style. This attention to detail easily makes them stand-out selections. Other notable pieces include a cropped, cloudwash hoodie featuring Jack and Sally and a raw-cut hem, as well as a snag plus backpack with a swirling, all-over print that highlights the cult classic’s most beloved characters.
3. The shoes are priced at $65 and up. Youth and toddler sizes are also available and start at a $32 price point. Other prices range from $30 to $75 for T-shirts and sweatshirts, $15 for socks, $30 for snapback and courtside hats, and $65 and up for various styles of backpack. The entire collection will be available at most outlets where you can buy Vans shoes online.
4. This isn’t the first themed collection Vans has created. It’s not even the first Halloween-friendly one. The brand launched a wildly popular Harry Potter-themed line of signature Vans shoes, apparel, and accessories in early 2019.
Other notable Vans special collections have included collaborations with Nintendo, painter Frida Kahlo, and SpongeBob SquarePants. According to Shoebacca customer reviews, each special collection is just as well-received as the last, if not more. In other words, if you want to get your hands — or feet, as the case may be — on some rad Pumpkin King gear, it’s probably best not to delay.
Christmas comes early with Vans’ latest line of limited-edition footwear and accessories. Show your love for Halloween Town and all of its unearthly residents with bold, colorful shoes, apparel, and accessories from Disney x Vans that pay tribute to one of the Walt Disney Company’s most enduring films.