I have been tagged by Peach Jones to list fifty things that make me happy. Here goes…
1. My three beautiful little boys. Even when they are driving me insane, they are still my everything.
2. Graham. We’ve been together twelve years. We bicker, we drive each other crazy, but I wouldn’t be without him at all.
3. My family. I’m really lucky to have a really good relationship with my parents, my nan and my brothers.
4. My friends. I don’t have a huge circle of friends, but the ones I do have are pretty damn awesome. They know who they are.
5. Kai and Freddie – these are my mum and dad’s dogs. They are huge, they are slightly daft and gentle as anything.
6. Blogging. It keeps me sane, it keeps my brain from turning to mush. It has given us some amazing opportunities and given me some confidence that I lost after I gave up work.
7. Working. Yep, you read that right! I love writing, so the fact I do it for a living now is amazing (most of the time!).
8. Coffee. I drink around 8 – 10 cups of coffee a day. I love the smell of it, and I love the taste of it, not to mention I am vile if I don’t have it!
9. Dirty Dancing. I have watched it well over 100 times and pretty much worn the soundtrack CD out. A few years ago Graham took me to see it at the theatre in London and it was magical.
10. Alcohol. I don’t drink very much, but I love a glass of wine, the odd cocktail, a gin and tonic or a ice cold beer in the sunshine.
11. Yankee Candles. I don’t have a huge collection (I’m working on it!) but I absolutely adore scented candles, and Yankees look so pretty on my fireplace.
12. Deadliest Catch. Even though I suffer from kabourophobia, I love this. I actually think it is helping me get over my fear. A year or so ago I wouldn’t have been able to watch it! It’s one of the few shows that both Graham and me like and watch together.
13. Sunshine. I hate the cold (unless it is dry, sunny and cold), and rain and cloud. When it is sunny and warm, I always feel much happier.
14. Lipstick. I’m rubbish with makeup but I love new, bright coloured lipsticks!
15. New shoes. It doesn’t matter how fat I feel, shoes always fit.
16. Notebooks. I draft most of my blog posts and work articles on paper first, so I love pretty notebooks. I have quite a few!
17. Driving. This is quite a new one – when we had our last car I hated driving, but after not having a car at all for over a year, I love the freedom that driving gives us.
18. David Beckham. Just looking at him makes me happy!
19. Pens. See notebooks!
20. Photos. I love both taking them and looking at them.
21. Ice Cold Water when I’m thirsty
22. Chocolate. Especially dark chocolate. Mmmm….
23. Freshly waxed eyebrows. I hate having them done but love how they look afterwards. Makes such a difference to my face.
24. Competitions. I’ve won a few pretty decent prizes in the last year or so – it’s great to get an email telling you you’ve won!
25. Indian Food. Naan bread, poppadoms and chicken balti. Yum!
26. Thunderstorms. Up until a couple of years ago, I was terrified of them. Now I love a good thunderstorm!
27. Slippers. There is nothing better than coming home, taking off my shoes and putting my feet into my battered but oh-so-comfy slippers.
28. Teacups. I love collecting pretty tea cups and saucers.
29. Boots points. Every so often I can go and treat myself to new makeup!
30. Sunglasses. I rarely go anywhere without my big sunglasses. They hide the fact I’m tired or not wearing makeup!
31. The seaside. It is definitely my happy place.
32. Having my arm tickled. Alex is the best at this!
33. Chocolate Friji Milkshakes. Whenever I am poorly, I crave this stuff and it always makes me feel better.
35. Getting into bed when it’s cold.
36. Emails offering me work or exciting opportunities
37. Loud music. Especially in the car in the sunshine.
38. BBQ’s. It means being around my friends and family, nice food, sunshine and alcohol. What’s not to love?
39. Reading in bed. I don’t get time to do it very often which makes it even more special when I do.
40. A new diary or planner. I love going through a brand new diary and putting in all the important dates. I’m such a geek!
41. Deliveries. It usually means something exciting for one of us!
42. Going to the hairdressers
43. Tattoos. I love looking at other peoples and finding out what they mean. I love my little one and planning my future ones!
44. Cuddles. Alex is amazing at giving them.
45. Benjamin’s dimples. They make me melt every time I see them.
46. Grown-up conversations with Harrison. I love talking to him about what he has done at school.
47. Cheese. On toast. Grated on everything. On its own.
48. Late night chats with Graham. They don’t happen very often because we are always so knackered but I love them.
49. The school run. Yes, really. I get to stand and chat to some of my best friends!
50. Days out. I love planning to go out somewhere new with the kids.