I’ve been a bit ‘missing in action’ on the blog of late, apart from the meal planning posts and the odd one here and there. I’ve got a big writing contract at the moment, and that’s sucking up all my time (but y’know, money!). I don’t want to let this slide – god, I’ve busted my arse off working on this blog for almost five years now, and I wouldn’t be writing for a living if it wasn’t for it – but I’m still trying to find some sort of balance. With the kids breaking up for the big holidays today, it’s going to be pretty tough keeping all those plates spinning for a bit.
So…in an attempt to keep y’all up to date with what’s happening, and me trying to keep a positive head, I think I’m going to do a post every Friday about 5 good things from that week. You know the Little Loves posts I sometimes do? A bit like that, but less structured. I’m pretty good at starting things and not actually doing them though, so we shall see!
5 Things Friday
1. My new camera lens came. I decided to treat myself to a 70-300mm lens, and I love it. I’m trying to make a real go of my photography at the moment, especially after one of my photos looked awesome blown up and framed (watch out for that review!), so it was a ‘business expense’. Or I tell Graham that anyway…
2. Harrison had his year 2 leavers service. He’s leaving his little infant school today to start at juniors in September. He loves his school, so it was quite a sad occasion, but the service was emosh. There were tears, lots of them. The kids sang ‘A Million Dreams’ from The Greatest Showman and ‘We’re All In This Together’ from High School Musical, as well as ‘When I Grow up’ from Matilda. I cried. The kids cried. The teachers cried. It was lovely though – they all did such a good job.
3. Erm…it rained. Quite a lot. I actually really hate the rain. I was wet. I was chilly. My hair…well, we won’t go there. On a personal level, that wasn’t the highlight of my week, especially as it decided to piss down for the first time in two months as I literally stepped out to do the school run. However, I know ‘the gardens’ needed it. My front lawn and the grass in the park was a fetching shade of fluoro yellow. Now it’s looking a tiny bit less like sand and more like grass.
4. I watched Baywatch. Ok. So it was pretty shit, to be honest. It was cheesy as hell, but do you know what? It was fun. It made me smile, and in a week where we had some pretty sad news about fellow blogger, Kate from Wit Wit Woo, I realized it was ok to enjoy something that was a bit naff, if it made me smile and laugh. Oh – and Dwayne Johnson. Oh. My. God.
5. It was Amazon Prime Sale day and I had a big voucher to spend on the site, so I didn’t feel at all guilty about buying a camera lens, a camera bag, a camera for our front door, an Echo dot….and a couple of other things that I possibly didn’t actually need. I mean, a voucher isn’t real money, is it?
Have a good weekend!